All times Central
Mon-Sat | 7 PM
Mon-Fri | 5:40 AM, 6:45 AM, & 6:30 PM
Sat | 8 AM & 6:30 PM
Sun | 8 AM
Holidays | 8 AM
The Tennessee Amateur Radio Relay League is comprised of numerous amateur radio enthusiasts who work together to make radio communication a better, and more enjoyable pastime for everyone involved.
As of 6:38 PM Wednesday a call for MTEARS activation was requested to determine Net Control Station availability for the coming residual rains from (then Hurricane Harvey; now Tropical Depression Harvey). These operations could last through the next 24 to 72 hours.
Flash flood Warnings have been issued throughout West Tennessee and Middle Tennessee with rains ranging from 1” – 6” over the next 48 hours. NWS Nashville has issued a weather update and it is attached to this document. A simultaneous alert has also been issued in West Tennessee, which is expected to encounter more of the storm than Middle Tennessee. Copies of both of their latest Hazardous Weather outlooks are attached for your review.
All Tennessee ARES organizations are to begin notifying personnel that their assistance may be need for the following:
1. Skywarn activation in your local area in support of the National Weather Service in your area through the duration of this event.
2. Possible to local EMA offices for communication or other needed assistance. You will be serving under the Auxiliary Communication standard and will observe all ICS protocols.
3. Possible request to work with other served agencies, i.e. American Red Cross, Salvation Army, Local VOAD organizations for communication or other support as required.
4. Delta Division HF Emergency Net activation, if established. Forward Control stations will be notified as required by the current Delta Division Memorandum of Understanding.
5. Home station activation for support of Health and Welfare traffic, Emergency Support Nets as determined (other than Tactical).
6. Other needs as may be determined while the event moves on.
All stations activating for this event are to operate under standard ICS protocol as well as Tactical Net Control protocol and all traffic is expected to be kept to a minimum to allow maximum utilization of all frequencies being used
We are not expecting to have any assets deployed to any effected areas during this activity unless requested by Chain of command reviews through served agencies and/or Delta Division.
No one should self deploy to any area or you risk becoming part of the problem rather than the solution. If you are intercepted and requested to return to your point of origin, you should do so immediately without response to the requesting manager or organization.